Girl in a Taxi

Hey Josephine, I've never found a way to say goodbye
So I still look for you on Halsted Street each time a cab goes by
And I drink to you at four a.m. when all the bars have closed
And I miss you more than anything in places no one goes

And Josephine, I told the lies I thought you'd want to hear
'Til somewhere in between it all my meaning disappeared
Now I would sell my soul for one more chance to say those words again
But when I reach for you, there's nothing there but shadows and the wind

You beat me down so many ways
I lost count of the score
But I choked down all your poison and came begging back for more
Well, I've given up on begging
'Cos my knees were getting sore
And I just can't see the purpose in your poison any more

Now Josephine, I know we never really had it all
You'd probably say we barely had anything at all
But I'd gladly take a little - Look at this wreck you left behind
When you left you packed your pockets full of all that you could find

And Josephine, I can't pretend; we never were that good
I know you never treated me the way you knew you should
But I am still in love with you, what do you think of that ...


John (who?)

THE girl in THE taxi (!)

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home